Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 13:54:19 +0100

> Is it also possible to generate HTML from Org without Emacs?
> If so, what are the respective tools?

I don't offhand know of any such tools.  I know github renders org as
HTML on the fly, using something called org-ruby
 https://github.com/bdewey/org-ruby

(I took a quick look at the makeinfo source to see how much work it
would be to replace the parser there, and concluded that this would be
quite a bit of work...)

This page has Org parsers for pico-lisp, common lisp, nodejs, python
(seems to be dead, a different python project is called NEO these days),
ruby, and js (presumably browser js).
 http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tools/

Hm... http://nakkaya.com/ listed on the org-tools page above, generates
web sites from org files, using Clojure.