Re: Ordering of command completions

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Ordering of command completions
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 21:34:13 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

>> That would be a lot less annotating, but it seems a bit kludgy...
>
> It seems a bit kludgy, but would be a lot less annotating...

:-)

Adding `(declare (mode foo-mode))' to interactive functions can almost
be done automatically to most files.  You basically search for
"(interactive", go to the previous line, and insert
"(declare (mode foo-mode))".  Except for the ones that are global, which
would (mostly) just be the ones that already have autoload cookies
associated with them.

So annotating should be as easy in any case -- you just have to write
the declare-inserting-function.

But having such a form in every command would be more clutter when
reading the code, and when writing new commands.  So I'm sympathetic to
your file-wide cookie, too.