Re: Ordering of command completions

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Ordering of command completions
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 22:06:05 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

> Just kidding.  If Gnus declares its stuff invocable by `M-x'
> only when in some Gnus mode, I agree that that is an improvement.
>
> But in that case, it should not just be about sort order.  The
> noise should be removed altogether, if it is truly inappropriate
> outside of some context.

The idea discussed on this sub-thread (sorry, OP) is about not listing
those candidates on M-x.

> Sounds good to me, I guess.  Is there a way for a user to advise
> such a command to change or remove the declaration?  Is `declare'
> amenable to advising?

Dunno. What scenario do you have on mind?

As a last resort, the user could define a new interactive function,
without associated restrictions, that simply calls the "hidden" one.

Besides, the filtering would be optional, of course.