Re: Ordering of command completions

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Ordering of command completions
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 22:25:41 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> We discussed the opposite problem a while ago -- excluding commands that
>> only make sense in a specific mode from turning up when doing command
>> completion.
>
> I think excluding those that don't make sense will take too much work to
> work well.

We already have a volunteer to do the markup if we decide how these
should be marked up.  :-)

And it's something that would grow progressively better as more stuff is
marked up.  For instance, `M-x gTAB' now shows (and I've quickly
estimated here) 2.42E45 commands.  If gnus*.el was marked up,
`M-x gTAB' would then show (another quick estimate) 4 commands.

And marking up Gnus would take ten minutes at most.