Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 03:34:30 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Ok. I often switch tenses halfway thru, and then get annoyed when I
>> realize that. Having a standard will help.
>
> The use of the present tens is stated in the GNU Coding standard.

Hmm. Not in section 6.8 Change Logs or 5.2 Commenting Your Work; I've
read those carefully. The word "tense" does not appear in the rest of
the manual (searched both the single html and ascii versions).

Can you point to a more precise reference?

5.2 does say "write complete sentences and capitalize the first word",
so we can reference that if we want it to apply to commit messages.

--
-- Stephe