Re: New assoc-let package

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: New assoc-let package
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 09:01:36 -0500

On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 12:11:03 +0000 Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:

AM> I gave this some thought, and I'd like to make it a core pacage also
AM> on Elpa. The only reason I'm not a fan is of making it just a macro in
AM> subr-x is that it wouldn't be available on older versions, and that I
AM> essentially means I wouldn't use it myself.

Go ahead and make a "let-assoc" package with the right headers. I'll add
it to the core (unless Stefan or someone else objects) and you can
independently add it to the GNU ELPA or wherever you want. It's a fairly
small package but maybe that's not a bad thing.

AM> Is it an option to offer `subr-x' as a GNU Elpa package? Or would that
AM> pose a compatibility challenge given that the file doesn't have
AM> package headers on 24.4?

I don't think that would work.  It's too tightly bound to Emacs itself.

Ted