Re: Strange ChangeLog entry after merge from emacs-24

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Strange ChangeLog entry after merge from emacs-24
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 19:12:09 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 16:18:04 -0500
>
> >> 2014-12-05  Paul Eggert  <address@hidden>
> >> 2014-12-05  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>
> >>
> >> * .gitignore: Ignore test/biditest.txt.
> >>
> >> What happened here?  Not that it was a significant contribution for
> >> which I'd object sharing the credit with Paul, but there might be a
> >> larger merging problem hiding behind this.
> >>
> >> What am I missing?
>
> > Ping!
> > Should I fix that entry and forget about this?
>
> I think so, yes.

Done.

Btw, it also happened in another entry in src/ChangeLog:

  2014-12-05  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>
  2014-12-05  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>

          * dispextern.h (enum bidi_dir_t): Force NEUTRAL_DIR to be zero.
          (struct bidi_stack): Reduce size by using bit fields and by
          packing sos, override, and isolate_status into a single 8-bit
          byte called 'flags'.

So there definitely was some problem in that merge.

(And what's with "merge from emacs-24" followed by "merge from
origin/emacs-24"?)