Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:14:18 -0800

On 12/08/2014 09:57 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
My comment above was in the context
of a request to use full sentences as summary lines.  Is that a
"failure to practice git subject line hygiene"?
Yes, absolutely. The typical Git style has no period at the end. See, for example, "The seven rules of a great git commit message" <http://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/>, one of which is "Do not end the subject line with a period". This is a slight change from the style we've mostly been using, which has a period.

Perhaps we should change to the typical Git style. We might also prefer to shorten the summary lines to 50 characters, as that is is also part of the usual Git style.