Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 13:54:04 -0500

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
Not sure what your point is here.  My comment above was in teh context
of a request to use full sentences as summary lines.  Is that a
"failure to practice git subject line hygiene"?  If so, in what ways?

My apologies for being obtuse.  Perhaps as a git user for some while
I assumed more familiarity with git culture than exists in this thread.

I was merely pointing out that across many important projects there
are rather stringent standards for the subject line of a git commit.
These cover line length, no trailing period, imperative mood, etc.

So actually Eli I was supporting your stance of resisting "lowering
the barriers".

/john