Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 23:29:48 -0800

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I think I understand why they don't want to fix the processing speed.
But we should still push them to provide workarounds.  "Separate
compilation" would solve this problem
It might, yes.  But that sounds like more work than switching input formats
would be,

Why?  Are you saying this would require work on our side?

Yes, partly. Separate compilation usually requires some extra work on the source code side.

I'd assume
this work would mostly be on the Texinfo-maintainers side.

Yes, that sounds plausible. But I doubt whether the work will happen, as separate compilation for Texinfo doesn't sound that easy, and the Texinfo developers don't seem to have a lot of cycles to spare.