Re: [mentoring] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [mentoring] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 16:32:00 +0000

João Távora <address@hidden> writes:
>> I guess it should go to ELPA, but you need to improve it.
>
> OK, I'll improve it. Once it's in ELPA, how do I maintain it? Can I keep
> using github for the upstream since I'm so familiar with it?

I've just been through this with some of my packages (pabbrev and
omn-mode); they are in ELPA now as an external which seems to
work fairly well. I maintain it as I would normally, and just push
master up to github or ELPA (or both) as currently.

The only really difference is that to release I need to push a tag to
github (for melpa-stable), and bump the version number internally for
ELPA.

I wrote notes on this at the time, and will turn it into something
readable once my current workbomb has finished. But happy to try and
help before that if you want.

Phil