Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:24:04 +0100

> There is a general solution to this problem -- Pandoc, the
> "universal document converter". http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

> Pandoc supports Org as an input format (and output too, though we
> don't need that here). Pandoc is free software (GPL v2 or later).

In my experience Pandoc has its limitations. In the cases where I have
used it to convert from LaTeX to other formats like HTML or Mediawiki,
many things broke and the output required massive manual reworking.
My conclusion was that I could use it as a starting point for a
one-shot conversion, but that it would be unsuitable for regular
automatic conversions.

Ulrich