Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:30:53 -0800

On 12/10/2014 11:18 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
If the text editor is smart enough
to make obvious (or impossible) the common problems, there is no
pressing need to check the final result for each change.

That should catch some problems, but it's not enough. Typically I focus on that editing the .texi file first to get the content right. Then, I want to make sure the result is readable so I generate the output and look at it. Problems with looks often include fairly-mundane things like a capitalized word at sentence end which messes up later spacing, things which one can easily see when looking at the info output, but which one can't easily expect a text editor to catch.