Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 18:12:29 +0100

> ??? It's known as "reverse cherry-picking", and is AFAIK possible in
> Git, bzr, and hg.

Do you mean yank a commit from somewhere back in history, keeping the
newer one?

It would be possible from command line git, I guess... changing the sha1
hash of all commits following the yanked commit.

But I would use "git revert" for something like this instead, adding a
commit, rather than removing one, and keeping all of the existing
commits' sha1 values.