Re: Alternative input formats

From: Grim Schjetne
Subject: Re: Alternative input formats
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:46:39 +0100

> Richard Stallman <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> If we develop software to browse HTML manuals made by Texifo with all
>> the good features of info, then we can drop use of Info format.
>
> But HTML itself lacks the notion of indexes or cross-manual references,
> for instance (cross-manual references must work both with on-line copies
> and with locally installed manuals.)

Those notions can be added with something like RDF and JavaScript (the
latter which can indeed be served locally).

My concern is whether it can measure up with the convenience and
consistency of having it as a part of the Emacs UI. I find switching
applications and suddenly being dropped into something that uses
completely different UI conventions quite disruptive.

--
Schjetne