Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:56:22 +0200

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:05:39 +0900
>
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>  > > 2. checking the resulting document in terms of appearance criteria can
>  > >    be done by another individual.
>
>  > I also have hard time to imagine we will find volunteers for 2: it's a
>  > mundane, boring job that no one is motivated to do except the author.
>
> Wiki has solved that problem.

Theoretically.  In practice, many wikis are in terrible disarray.

My evidence is the very small number (close to zero) of times we've
seen bug reports about typos and other clerical errors in Emacs
documentation.

Of course, one way to give more people motivation to do that is to
leave more errors in the docs.