Re: vc-region-authors (or some such)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc-region-authors (or some such)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:22:33 -0500

> Talking of `vc-region-history' reminded me of a feature I find powerful,
> would it be easily available: "showing blame information about original
> authors of lines changed or removed in a given branch".

So, given a patch (or a branch) together with a "base revision", you'd get
a list of code chunks modified by that patch, then run "annotate" on the
base revision, and look for those code chunks, collecting the names of
corresponding authors.

Sounds useful, indeed.  Patch welcome.

> Maybe it'd be worth to think about that as well while implementing
> `vc-region-history'. It seems to be its twin, no?

Kind of, but the implementation of one doesn't seem to help the
implementation of the other.

        Stefan