Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 21:52:19 +0100

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > Well, it was the inspiration for preview-latex's "never touch the buffer
   > text" philosophy.

In a way X-symbol is faster than preview-latex and works even on
incorrect latex syntax it works even in email buffers[1]

   > It would be interesting to redo X-Symbol with text overlays rather
   > than actual text replacements, but it could trigger performance
   > problems.

X-symbol suffers, for large files, already performance problems. And yes
I wholeheartedly agree that it is a pity that x-symbol is basically dead
for a decade. I wish I could understand the code (and maintain it), but
I can't ....

Ok that gets off topic somehow

   > Ok.

Footnotes:
[1]  although org-mime-htmlize has replaced this feature in a more
     satisfactory way