Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:21:58 +0100

>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Do you mean \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> Yes.

>> actual accented chars in the file). Are you referring to the replacement
>> of "α" with an "α" and things like that?
>> Do you mean (set-input-method "TeX")?

> No, I mean the thing that visually replaces α with an actual
> α character (and converts it back when you save).

Can you give me any example, I mean a function which does this?

Aidan provided some code some time ago, TeX-escape-region which seems to
do what you mean: it replaces (back and forth) between α and α.
However there were some problems I don't recall precisely but the
function was not bijective.

I not sure whether this code made it into GNU emacs. Or are you saying
there is another package with the same functionality?

>> Besides sub and super indices were not supported.1

> Not sure what you mean by that.

Oh in Latex you can have $u_k$ or $u^l$ where k is the sup and l the
super index.

Uwe

Footnotes:

1 DEFINITION NOT FOUND: 1