Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/bug19328/custom-prompt-customize-unsaved-optio

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/bug19328/custom-prompt-customize-unsaved-options-rc2 e9e8f01: Provide custom-prompt-customize-unsaved-options.
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:36:18 -0500

> FWIW, I think your version does not explain what the change provides,
> only that it was made (it basically restates the diff).  I don't know if
> that's what you intended.

The standard ChangeLog format is meant indeed to describe what the diff
is intended to change in the code.  The explanation of why we might want
this change can be placed in the code (best choice when possible), or
otherwise it can be placed just before the ChangeLog-formatted text
(e.g. in the Summary line or right below it).

        Stefan