Re: [mentoring-done] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [mentoring-done] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:06:43 +0200

address@hidden (João Távora) writes:

>> As you prefer.  Updates in ELPA are cheap.  Just change the version number
>> and push.
>
> As far as I understand it, this is the strategy to develop the upstream
> on Github and publish to ELPA.git periodically.

Not necessarily: the new version of the package is published when the
version header value is increased. So you can also push development
changes to GNU ELPA, then after some time increase the version number,
and only then the new version will be published.

> I will "git merge
> --no-commit" my github repo into ELPA.git. Then issue whatever necessary
> "git mv" I have to to place "darkroom.el" and any other files in the
> correct place. Then commit with a suitable commit message. The following
> updates also use "git merge --no commit".

Personally, I use `git subtree merge'. IIRC, Stefan usually does `git merge
--strategy=subtree` instead.