Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 00:26:05 +0200

On 12/16/2014 12:17 AM, Helmut Eller wrote:

Apparently I missed that.  The last patch I looked at had a number of
(eq id t) tests.

Ok, sorry. I misunderstood. So, only strings? That's not bad, the string can be that "imprecise" value, and a property will signal that the backend will have to find out what the identifier is, maybe using the value of that property (likely marker), or the current value of point.

There's still the problem of how to put text properties on the result of
completing-read.

Do we really need to? I think the identifier-completion-table can manage to contain only unambiguous entries.

Even if we could carry text properties through `completing-read', the user won't see them when choosing, so all strings in the table will have to be different anyway.