Re: master c6f03ed: Fix a problem in url.el without GnuTLS

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: master c6f03ed: Fix a problem in url.el without GnuTLS
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 21:00:00 +0100

> What I do for emacs-24 is similar, but not identical:

>   git clone git:emacs ./emacs-24
>   cd emacs-24
>   git checkout emacs-24
>   <hack, hack>
>   git commit
>   git push
>   cd ../trunk # another clone
>   git checkout master
>   git pull
>   git merge origin/emacs-24

What I would do here, is:
 git merge --no-ff --no-commit origin/emacs-24

Then I would inspect the diffs in magit, fix any conflicts, and stage
the conflict-fixed files, revert the changes that shouldn't be there
(typically version-related stuff, and this is mostly taken care off on
the first merge, but it never hurts to check), and then do 'c c' in
magit to commit the merge.