Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:00:28 +0200

Helmut Eller <address@hidden> writes:

>> But what if they want to jump to a symbol defined in a different
>> package/namespace?
>
> Then there's no other choice than to use a qualified name.

Okay.

Anyway, the identifier table can just as well include local names (and
aliases), all of which `xref-find-function' should be able to resolve
with no problem because it's called in the same buffer.

And strings in completion tables can include properties, too.

I've pushed the patch with some updates to
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/log/?h=scratch/xref, please
everyone take a look.

If there are no further objections, I'll install it in a few days.