Re: image-transform.el and image-mode.el rewrite

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: image-transform.el and image-mode.el rewrite
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 02:24:46 -0800

 >>> Stefan Monnier on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 23:19:17 -0500 wrote:

 > image-transform-features:convert includes an insane amount of things
 > additionally to what we can ever expect to see in the native backend(s).

[...]

 > An intermediate solution might be to auto-generate the
 > bulk of the image-transform-features:convert entries from something like
 > "convert --help".

This doesn't work as smoothly as I thought. A lot of the options must be
removed anyways or require special post processing. So I decided to go
with your first suggestion and add :extra-convert-options argument to
convert backend. I have reduced the number of transforms to about 60. I
will cut them even further once I am fully clarified of their meaning.

Naturally, this selection is somewhat subjective. My main criteria was
the conceptual simplicity and the ease of the interactive usage. So I
left most common operations that might be useful for quick adjustment of
the image in an interactive settings. Things like flipping/flopping,
gamma/contrast correction, shifting, color inversion, thresholding,
noise reduction and various effects are all there:
https://github.com/vspinu/image-transform/blob/master/image-transform.el#L892-L1000

 Vitalie