Re: HTML-Info design

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:18:24 +0000

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry, my bad. jQuery is included. So it is something else.
>
> (But, Nic, why use jQuery on a HTML5 page?)

There are still things that jquery makes easier than html5, for example
ajax.

And there are still lots of html5 things that absolutely aren't
standardized. And evergreen browsers are great but it actually increases
the amount of variance in the APIs.

For a "production" release of  something webapp-y I often look elsewhere
than jquery. But this was a hack it together and throw it around type
affair and the ajax alone makes it worth while.

There's almost nothing in the gnudoc app that couldn't easily be
replaced with another lib or just a small shim over what we know are
compatability issues.

Nic