Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info mus

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:47:45 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > > The problem is how do you assemble the results [of analysis of
 > > user browsing behavior] into an "index" for the manual?
 >
 > That's one issue that needs to be solved as part of the project.

IMO, it's insoluble, without violating some auxiliary principles of
the GNU Project.  You would need to arrange for Emacs to "phone home"
with the results every once in a while.  That's become more acceptable
to the general population, as many large software vendors (including
Mozilla) do it (on an opt-in basis).  I haven't thought about it
carefully myself, but I would guess Richard is uncomfortable at best
with such schemes.