Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info mus

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:43:31 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > I think a "typical" user will want to be in that node as well, when
 > she wants to read about "cut and paste".

You mean

    12.3 “Cut and Paste” Operations on Graphical Displays

    In most graphical desktop environments, you can transfer data
    (usually text) between different applications using a system
    facility called the clipboard.

right?  I agree that the *user* wants to be there, but I'm not sure
*we* want her to be there.  In particular, on "i cut" I would be very
tempted to land her in the parent, "Killing and Moving Text".  YMMV,
but when I introduce students to Emacs, I do want them to read at
least a little about the power of "killing" vs the limitations of
"cutting"!