Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info mus

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:25:08 -0800

Richard Stallman wrote:
Would you like to fix this?

I suppose I could help fix the diagnostic's obsolete quoting format, yes. More important, perhaps I could add infrastructure to cause diagnostics to be translated from English into the user's preferred language. (The infrastructure would provide a mechanism for other people to supply translations.) Other GNU applications have done these things for years, but Emacs mostly does not, and this is an obstacle to its use.

As far as fixing that particular index entry, though, I'm afraid I'd rather not. There are so many things to fix in Emacs, and so little time! This sort of fix doesn't make the cut, as the manual's indexes are becoming less important.