Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info mus

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 00:46:55 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >   > The problem is not the size of the table,
 >
 > We are miscommunicating.  I was not talking about the size of the
 > data.

Neither was I.

 > I was talking about the work of collecting the entries it should
 > have.

So was I.

 > It won't be so hard, because there won't be so many entries.

That's why it's already done, and nobody has found anything missing
after 40 years of collecting entries, right?  Unfortunately, wrong.
People find missing entries every day (and rarely report them; they
just use Google instead).

 >                                            it's aggregating user
 >   > queries into priorities for indexing.
 >
 > We can get the suggstions from users.

You can, but they'll be of relatively low quality for the purpose
because the kind of folks who especially need more indexing are those
least attached to the Emacs project (on average).