Re: HTML-Info design

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:36:07 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> 4. Emacs Lisp code to browse HTML-Info files.
>
> I think this will be most difficult part, so better focus on this part
> than on the #3 which should be a piece of cake once we have an Elisp
> solution for the rendering.

I don't see why this would be difficult.

`M-x eww RET
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/index.html RET'

and you're off.  The `n'/`p'/`u' commands work as in Info already, so
the only thing that's missing is the index (which is trivial to add).

And a search engine, which sounds like a fun weekend project for
somebody who finds that sort of thing amusing.