Re: HTML-Info design

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 16:00:37 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> It's probably more realistic to arrive at acceptable semantics that way,
> but it would likely still be sensible to share transports, general HTML
> parsing and a number of other things (like most of the rendering) with
> eww.

An HTML-based manual viewer would just be a very thin minor mode on top
of eww.

Honestly, I have no idea what all y'all are talking about in this
thread, what with the "semantic markup" (why?) and stuff.  Texinfo
generates perfectly fine HTML that all web browsers render perfectly.
What's missing is easy access to the index (which is easy enough to
Javascript together) and a search engine (which is the fun bit, but has
nothing (or little) to do with the format or the tools).