weird errors from emacs 25.0.050

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: weird errors from emacs 25.0.050
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 14:20:40 -0600

I'm encountering very odd errors in emacs 25.0.050, compiled with
mingw64 on Windows 7.

For example:

I'm using the latest devel version of ada-mode (not much changed from
the elpa version) to edit some Ada code.

The compiler reports an error:

enumerated_token_list_test.adb:90:29: (style) space required

next-error navigates to the correct place. I have a function
ada-fix-compiler-error which automatically fixes errors like this. But
when I invoke that, it says "error not recognized".

So I instrument ada-fix-compiler-error with C-u C-M-x, and step thru it.
When it gets to the line that should recognize this:

          ((looking-at "(style) space required")

I do 'e (current-buffer)' to make sure it is in the right place. It
reports "#<buffer ada-gnat-compile.el>", which is the elisp source code
buffer containing the code I'm debugging, _not_ the *compilation*
buffer, which should be current.

This same code works fine in 24.4.

That file is byte-compiled by 24.4; I have not tried byte-compiling it
with 25.0.50 (that's not supposed to matter, right?).

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

I'll work on a small reproducer.

--
-- Stephe