Re: otf ligature rendering support?

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: otf ligature rendering support?
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:38:40 +0100

On 01/03/2015 04:16 PM, K. Handa wrote:
> Currently, Emacs can not control which OTF features to apply.  Emacs
> leaves it to font drivers on eash platform.  I actually tried to give
> Emacs such facility, and src/font.c contains not-yet-finished code
> within "#if 0" and "#endif".
>
> I want to finish the code, but I'm not sure I can work on it soon.

So this means that OTF features are supported, but not directly user
controllable yet?

> By the way, if you are running Emacs on X with libm17n-flt and libotf
> libraries, you can override the default behavior of those libraries
> by putting the attached two files under ~/.m17n.d/.  It assumes that
> the family name of PragmataPro font is "PragmataPro".  If that is not
> the case, please replace "PragmataPro" in generic.fst with a proper
> family name.

I'm using debian unstable with 24.4.1, m17n is enabled and m17n-db.

It doesn't look like ~/.m17n.d/ is ever read (I tried to run emacs
through strace). It's stat(2)-ed a couple of times, and that's it.

I tried to use m17n-edit, and it tries to read a couple of unexisting
files in ~/.m17n.d/, but not generic.fst/COMBINING.flt