Re: An easier way to edit variables

From: Tom
Subject: Re: An easier way to edit variables
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 22:11:40 +0000 (UTC)

Tom <adatgyujto <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I think it was pressing e for edit in the Help buffer, then
> the buffer is narrowed to the variable value only (which can be a
> complex list or anything) which you can modify in place and
> then press C-c C-c to apply it to the variable and exit
> edit mode.

BTW, I should add that when I wrote "easier" in the subject I
meant easier for Lisp hackers who change Lisp variables on
a daily basis.

That's why a quick edit feature in the Help buffer is useful, because
you already see the value there, so if it's complex list
(e.g. a font lock setting or anything) then you don't have to
copy it etc, if you just want to change one thing in it,
you just press e, you get the lisp value, you edit it,
press C-c C-c and it is applied instantly.