Page navigation in doc-view.el

From: Vaidheeswaran
Subject: Page navigation in doc-view.el
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:52:03 +0530

Context:

I am on a netbook with limited screenspace.  I am using doc-view for
`correcting' tesseracted documents.  The top window holds the scanned
pdf file and the bottom window holds the ascii text.  I have some
local changes that enables to ascii text pages to 'follow' the
corresponding pages in the doc-view.

Problem:

The 'p' and 'n' commands (also bound to C-x [ and and C-x ])navigate
to prev and next page resply.  BUT it leaves me not in the beginning
or end of the page but somewhere in the "middle" of the page.  (This
behaviour is very useful in some circumstances.  For example, in
inspecting footnotes.)

That said, I would have expected to the canonical behaviour of the
above commands to leave me at the beginning of page or end of page.
(i.e., above commands followed up with '<' and '>')

What do you think?