RFC: page numbers to go with `page-delimiter'

From: Vaidheeswaran
Subject: RFC: page numbers to go with `page-delimiter'
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:37:10 +0530

I have been tesseracting scanned pdf files -- books really -- for my own use. More specifically I convert it to org-mode -> html export -> calibre's ebook-convert -> kindlegen.

The tesseracted file needs to be spell-corrected, unhyphenated etc. One of the practical problems is footnotes.

Most books I have seen number their footnotes in page-local manner. What I do as part of post-processing is to "prefix" the page-local or chapter-local footnotes with a page number.

Proof-reading takes over a period of few days. Often I want the page nos. of the pdf file to correspond with page number of the ascii file.

Consdiering the above usecase, I wonder whether we can have a canonical way to "number" the pages. Comments welcome.

I can work on a patch if there is some consensus on what can be done.