Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:37:49 -0500

Hi Christoph,

>  1. How am I supposed to integrate this into the main Emacs branch?  My
>     current idea is to do this after some cleanup.

You can send a patch, or I can provide you with write access.  You can
do it "all at once in the end" or in smaller chunks, as you wish.

>     Q: Does the maintainer of python.el has some time to do some (small)
>     change there, or am I supposed to send a patch?

I believe he reads this mailing-list, so he'll probably answer, but
otherwise you can contact him directly.

> There are three potential issues when I call the indentation engine of
> the "sub-mode" (if it is not based on cc-mode) - see below for an
> example.

These problems seem to be fairly general (apply to any multi-mode
situation), so do not hesitate to suggest introducing general guidelines
or new functionality to make it easier for major modes to behave well
for your use-case.

        Stefan