Re: Omitting Windows-specific parts from infrastructure changes

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Omitting Windows-specific parts from infrastructure changes
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 12:34:01 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
IOW, basically the request is to post a short note about things you
know anyway.  The only extra work is composing the message itself.

But as I mentioned, I don't know these things, as I don't look at the MS-Windows code when I make changes like that. It's not reasonable to expect developers to search all modules every time they make a change that could conceivably be modified and/or adapted and/or adjusted to some other module. We already have too much to do, and this extra bureaucracy's cost would outweigh its benefit.