RE: W32 with native scroll bars woes

From: David Requena Zabala
Subject: RE: W32 with native scroll bars woes
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 00:04:12 +0100

Many thanks for a prompt response.
Seems though that my point didn't get through very well...

> Scroll bars are supported on Windows and do work.

I can build a non-crashing emacs, with abhorrent windows scroll bars, any day
of the week. Or download a pre-built binary for that matter.

I do want scroll bars, just emacs own "native scroll bars" (counter intuitive
emacs speak, not mine). Those are much less obtrusive, customizable and work
well for analog indication of current position on the buffer.

To that effect, on some platforms you can configure with
'--without-toolkit-scroll-bars'.

Doing so on NextStep/OSX  gives an error: "Non-toolkit scroll bars are not
implemented for Nextstep."

The same on a w32 build merrily builds a broken binary with no configure error
whatsoever. If that is ok or not remains for you, devs, to judge.

Question stands: is it currently possible, in any way, to get *emacs native
scroll bars* in w32 emacs? We had those in the past.

If not, I'm willing to look into this myself, if this was confined to some
specific areas of the C language part of emacs sources. I could of course use
some directions as to where to look at..

Best regards

PD: sorry if you get this twice. My fault.

 David Requena Zabala
 Comunicaciones Internacional

  Tel: 985 732 273
  Fax:
 C/ Dinamarca, nº19, 2º, Pol. Ind. Espíritu Santo
 33010 Oviedo Asturias
 address@hidden
  http://www.gamalquiler.com/

Visite nuestra web de venta http://www.gamusado.com/
P Tenga en cuenta las consecuencias para el medio ambiente antes de imprimir
este mensaje.
Este mensaje contiene información de carácter privado y CONFIDENCIAL y se
dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario al que
se dirige, le rogamos que nos lo comunique por teléfono o correo electrónico,
proceda a su destrucción y no debe leerlo, copiarlo, utilizarlo ni difundirlo.
This message contains privileged and CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended
exclusively for its addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please
telephone or email the sender, delete it and do not read, copy, use or disclose
it. (A)