Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b689b90: Package archives now have priorities.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b689b90: Package archives now have priorities.
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:06:37 -0500

Jorgen Schäfer wrote:

> All the package-test-install-* tests fail with an error "Autoloads
> file [...] lacks boilerplate".

It seems like your build might be broken.
Personally I would do a `make boostrap'.

> I was hoping the different test environment on hydra would fix the
> autoloads problem. I do not know what the error now was on hydra, so I
> can't say, but if it is the autoloads error, I do not know how to fix
> it.

http://hydra.nixos.org/build/18990023
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/18990023/log/raw

   Test package-test-install-prioritized condition:
       (ert-test-failed
        ((should
          (version-list-= '...
          (package-desc-version installed)))
         :form
         (version-list-=
          (1 3)
          (1 4))
         :value nil))
   FAILED   7/16  package-test-install-prioritized

This is exactly the error I was getting on RHEL7, which is quite a
different system to hydra. It seems unlikely that something like this
would be platform specific. IIUC, it indicates the priority mechanism
simply isn't working.

> Still, I figured a test case that would most likely pass if the test
> suite was not broken was better than no test case.

AFAIK, the test suite is not broken.