Re: vc-dir default directory: repository root?

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: vc-dir default directory: repository root?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:50:57 +0000

 >>> And ido-find-file binds `M-n' to a totally different command.

 >> … Yet it still leaves ‘down’ bound to just the same good old
 >> next-line-or-history-element.

 > Does it?

 > ...<down> runs the command ido-next-match-dir...

 > Check out the definition of ido-file-dir-completion-map.

        I’m unfamiliar with ido.el, so I’ve indeed missed the
        (ido-mode 'file) part.

        Now, do I understand it correctly that no minibuffer history is
        available with ido?

        Anyway, given that vc-dir (AIUI) has never been altered by
        ido-mode, and given that there’re a fair share of commands never
        touched by that (M-x and M-: come to mind), I still expect for
        the users to be generally familiar with the usual history
        navigation commands and bindings.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A