Re: package.el dependencies

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: package.el dependencies
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:22:11 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> 1) Prevent (or warn) deleting a package if it is already used by another
>> package as dependency.
>
> That'd be nice.

Fixed with improved message showing the first conflict encountered which
help deletion.

>> 2) Store a list of packages installed explicitely (not as dependency)
>> and provide an autoremove function such as apt-get autoremove.
>
> I already asked for help writing that (not much luck so far, tho), so
> yes, that'd be very welcome,

Done also, I only fail now to store variables with
customize-set-variable, don't know why yet.

I will give you more details and patch later, oops! I have no more time.

BTW I use a local branch for this, what's the best way actually to show
this branch for easier communication ?

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: