Re: Does Elpa welcome themes? Or should those stay in Melpa?

From: Matthew Carter
Subject: Re: Does Elpa welcome themes? Or should those stay in Melpa?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:07:50 -0500

Hi all,

I've merged my package into my local GNU Elpa git repository as a
subtree, however I notice I'm unable to git push upstream.

When signing into Savannah, I see I'm still pending to join the emacs
group - my copyright assignment for GNU Emacs went through a week or two ago.

Are there any other things I need to do to gain developer access to the
GNU Elpa repository and push my package
(https://github.com/ahungry/color-theme-ahungry)?

Also - I have two .el files in the repository currently (never to be
used in tandem) - one is a fallback for users with emacs less than 24.x
to be used with the color-theme package, the other (ahungry-theme.el) is
the main theme to be used with load-theme.

Is it a problem to leave both in the repository (and subtree merge under
elpa/packages/ahungry-theme) or should I remove the fallback one and
keep it separate entirely (I guess it would not work alone in the base
GNU Elpa if a user didn't have color-theme installed like the load-theme
would)?

Thanks,
-Matt

--