Re: make bootstrap fails: cp: .git/hooks/applypatch-msg.sample: No such

From: chad
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails: cp: .git/hooks/applypatch-msg.sample: No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:57:55 -0800

On 26 Jan 2015, at 22:50, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

Sam Steingold wrote:

.$ mkcd z
./z [37]$ git init
Initialized empty Git repository in ./z/.git/
./z [38]$ ls -R .git/
.git//hooks:
total 40
8 ctags* 8 post-checkout* 8 post-commit* 8 post-merge* 8 post-rewrite*

That's odd.  It doesn't look like my .git/hooks at all.  I wonder what other incompatibility bombs Apple has planted in their version of Git?

I installed the attached patch to try to work around the incompatibility; please give it a try.

If I try the same thing under macosx 10.10:

; /usr/bin/git init
Initialized empty Git repository in /private/tmp/testgit/.git/
; ls -R
[...]
./hooks:
applypatch-msg.sample pre-push.sample
commit-msg.sample pre-rebase.sample
post-update.sample prepare-commit-msg.sample
pre-applypatch.sample update.sample
pre-commit.sample
; /usr/bin/git --version
git version 1.9.3 (Apple Git-50)

I ran /usr/bin/git because I also have 2.2.2 installed in /usr/local.

Hope that helps,
~Chad