Re: Pixel-based display functions

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: Pixel-based display functions
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 08:04:55 +0000

[…]

 > 1) A pixel equivalent of `current-column'

 > 2) A pixel equivalent of `move-to-column' (which will be imprecise,
 > of course, but that's OK)

        JFTR, – for the indentation purposes, the line-prefix property
        alone should already suffice; say:

   (put-text-property from to 'line-prefix
                      `(space :align-to (,indentation-in-pixels)))

        (Relying on the Emacs’ own display engine for wrapping /and/
        indentation in SHR is the essence of my earlier patch [1].)

[1] news:address@hidden
    http://debbugs.gnu.org/19462#10

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257  np. Cloud of Unknowing — Steffen Nicolaisen