Preparing for 24.5

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Preparing for 24.5
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:10:56 -0500

There have been many bugs fixed in `emacs-24' but things have settled
there it seems, so we (my secret agents and I) think it's a good time to
start preparing for a 24.5 release.

So we're looking for a kind soul who'd like to help with this, i.e. take
on the job of making the pretest tarballs (actually this 24.5 release
should have a very short pretest, so the "s" in "tarballs" should not
be needed), uploading them, making announcements, keeping track of
bug reports related to that branch and deciding which ones need to be
fixed before the release, those kinds of things (Glenn can tell you
more about it).

This is a great opportunity for someone to get more involved in Emacs's
development.  And as usual, that person can count on all of us to
provide all the whining and screaming he/she might need.

        Stefan