Re: using commit identifiers in bug reports

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: using commit identifiers in bug reports
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:54:36 +0000

 >> I still feel it useful to include the commit identifier somewhere.

[…]

 > Anyway, this is dragging for too long for such a simple issue.  Two
 > people independently told you that your wording looks awkward and
 > suggested to amend that.  Now that you understand the nature of our
 > confusion, it's up to you to decide what to do with that observation.

        I didn’t mean to imply that I’m refusing to try to improve my
        wording.

        (But frankly, I’ve secretly hoped for this discussion to come to
        some CONTRIBUTE-worthy, commit identifier-friendly suggestion on
        the issue.  As it seems, the plan has failed miserably.  Alas.)

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A