Re: package.el dependencies

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: package.el dependencies
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:10:16 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Anyway, this is not working, and need to be fixed differently, will do
>> next week.
>
> While you're at it: if package-selected-packages (or whatever name you
> end up using) is not yet set (e.g. still nil), you could guess an
> initial value: take the list of packages that are installed and are not
> required by other installed packages.  I.e. choose as initial value of
> package-selected-packages the smallest set of packages such that
> package-autoremove won't have anything to remove.

I will fix the issue in package-used-elsewhere-p raised by Arthur (It is
done) and when we agree on why keeping a package you have deleted in the
packages-installed-directly list, I will send a last patch, at this
point I would like you install this patch so that I continue working on
this.

Thanks.

--
Thierry