Re: merging of the xwidget branch to master

From: joakim
Subject: Re: merging of the xwidget branch to master
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 01:46:43 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> I think soon would be a good time to merge the xwidget branch to master.
>
> While it isn't perfect, it will never be, and it's usable in practice
> now I believe. We are also fairly early in the release cycle.
>
> The feature is self contained, as well as I have been able to make it.
>
> I've gotten a code review from Eli that I'm working through. I've
> addressed the most serious issues, and the rest can continue in master.
>
> So, now I would like to now what I must fix before merging, and what
> work can reasonable continue in master.

I merged the xwidget branch to master now.

Despite my best efforts, breakage will surely ensue, and I would very
much apreciate help with that.

If you want to test the new feature, ensure you have gtk3 and
webkit-devel intalled.

./configure --with-xwidgets  --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
make
src/emacs
m-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url RET www.fsf.org RET

You will then be able to browse the fsf website graphically inside
emacs.

--
Joakim Verona